Last Updated: January 14, 2016
1. Member Accounts—In order to use certain features of the Service, you may be asked to create an account (“Member Account”). You may never use another’s Member Account without permission. As part of the account set-up and registration process, you may be asked to select a username and password. You agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Site, and will maintain the accuracy of such registration data. We may refuse to grant you a username for any reason in our sole discretion, including in the event that we determine that such user name impersonates someone else, is illegal, vulgar, or otherwise offensive, or is protected by trademark or other proprietary rights law, or otherwise may cause confusion. You will be responsible for the confidentiality and use of your username and password and agree not to transfer or resell your use of or access to the Site to any third party. You agree to notify Snowflake immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or any other breach of security. YOU ARE ENTIRELY RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD AND FOR ANY AND ALL ACTIVITIES (INCLUDING PURCHASES, AS APPLICABLE) THAT ARE CONDUCTED THROUGH YOUR ACCOUNT.
3. Intellectual Property Ownership—All text, content, documents, names, logos, trademarks, service marks, brand identities, characters, trade names, graphics, designs, copyrights, trade dress, or other intellectual property appearing in the Website, and the organization, compilation, look and feel, illustrations, artwork, videos, music, software and other works on the Site (the “Materials”) are owned by Snowflake and its affiliates or used with permission or under license from a third party (hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Owner”) and are protected under copyright, trademark and other intellectual property and proprietary rights laws. As between Snowflake and you, all right, title and interest in and to the Materials will at all times remain with Snowflake and/or its Owners. The words “Snowflake”, “Snowflake Computing” and the “Snowflake” logos, and other marks, logos and titles are registered and/or common law trade names, trademarks or service marks of Snowflake. Snowflake reserves all other rights. Except as expressly provided herein, nothing on the Site shall be construed as conferring any license under Snowflake’s and/or its Owner’s intellectual property rights, whether by estoppel, implication or otherwise. Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, Snowflake may revoke any of the foregoing rights and/or your access to the Site, or any part thereof, including the blocking of your IP Address, at any time without prior notice.
4. Restrictions on Use— You agree that any copy of the Materials (or any portion of the Materials) that you make must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained herein or therein. Framing of the Site or posting of Materials on other websites is strictly prohibited. The use or misuse of the Site of any Materials, except as provided in these Terms is strictly prohibited. You shall not, without Snowflake’s express written consent:
(a) copy and retransmit, disseminate, broadcast, circulate, or otherwise distribute the Materials on any other server, or modify or re-use all or part of the Materials on this system or any other system;
(b) use any tradename, trademark, or brand name of Snowflake in metatags, keywords and/or hidden text;
(c) copy, distribute, modify, transmit, perform, reuse, re-post, or otherwise display the Materials, in whole or in part, for public or commercial purposes or modify, translate, alter or create any derivative works thereof;
(d) create derivative works from the Materials or commercially exploit the Materials, in whole or in part, in any way;
(e) use the Site, the Materials, and/or any portion thereof, in any manner that may give a false or misleading impression, attribution or statement as to Snowflake, the Owner, or any third party referenced therein;
(f) use the Materials, and/or any services and products on the Site or accessible via the Site for unlawful purposes;
(g) alter, remove or obscure any copyright notice, digital watermarks, proprietary legends or any other notice included in the Materials;
(h) disassemble, decompile, reverse compile or reverse engineer any part of the Site;
(i) use any manual or automated software, devices or other processes (including but not limited to spiders, robots, scrapers, crawlers, avatars, data mining tools or the like) to “scrape” or download data from any web pages contained in the Site;
(j) use the Site or Materials for any illegal, fraudulent, misleading or deceptive purposes;
(k) interfere with or damage the Site or Materials, including without limitation, through the use of viruses, cancel bots, Trojan horses, harmful code, flood pings, denial-of-service attacks, packet or IP spoofing, forged routing or electronic mail address information, or similar methods or technology;
(l) disrupt, overburden, or aid or assist in the disruption or overburdening of (x) any computer or server used to offer or support the Site or Services; or (y) the enjoyment of the Site or Services by any other person;
(m) upload an content to the Site that (1) infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other right of any person or entity; or (2) is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, tortious, obscene, offensive or profane; or
(n) engage in any chain letters, contests, junk email, pyramid schemes, spamming, surveys, or other duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise)
5. Arbitration; Applicable Law
PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY. IT IS PART OF YOUR AGREEMENT WITH SNOWFLAKE AND AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS. IF CONTAINS PROCEDURES FOR MANDATORY BINDING ARBITRATION AND A CLASS ACTION WAIVER
Except for a claim by Snowflake of infringement or misappropriation of Snowflake’s patent, copyright, trademark, or trade secret, any and all disputes between you and Snowflake arising under or related in any way to these Terms must be resolved through binding arbitration as described in this section. This agreement to arbitrate is intended to be interpreted broadly. It includes, but is not limited to, all claims and disputes relating to your use of the Site.
YOU AGREE THAT BY ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT, YOU AND SNOWFLAKE ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION. YOU AND SNOWFLAKE AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. ANY ARBITRATION WILL TAKE PLACE ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS; CLASS ARBITRATIONS AND CLASS ACTIONS ARE NOT PERMITTED.
The arbitration will be governed by the Commercial Arbitration Rules and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), as modified by this section. For any claim where the total amount of the award sought is $10,000 or less, the AAA, you and Developer must abide by the following rules: (a) the arbitration shall be conducted solely based on written submissions; and (b) the arbitration shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise mutually agreed by the parties. If the claim exceeds $10,000, the right to a hearing will be determined by the AAA rules, and the hearing (if any) must take place in Los Angeles, California. The arbitrator’s ruling is binding and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. In the event this agreement to arbitrate is held unenforceable by a court, then the disputes that would otherwise have been arbitrated shall be exclusively brought in the state or federal courts located in Los Angeles, California. Claims of infringement or misappropriation of Developer’s patent, copyright, trademark, or trade secret shall be exclusively brought in the state and federal courts located in Los Angeles, California.
The laws of the State of California, excluding its conflicts of law rules that would result in the laws of a State other than California, govern your use of the Site and the Service.
9. Community Guidelines—The Website may include certain functionality that allows users to post information, provide feedback and comments, or provide other content (“User Content”). Although Snowflake may from time to time review User Content, you acknowledge that is under no obligation to monitor or control, and shall have no liability for, any User Content. You acknowledge that any opinions, statement, recommendation, offers, advice or other information presented or disseminated or contained in User Content are those of their respective authors who are solely responsible and liable for their User Content. Snowflake reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse to post or remove any User Content at any time, without notice, for any reason or for no reason. In the event you upload, post or otherwise transmit any content, text, information, works of authorship or other materials on or to the Site (“Your Content”), you shall and hereby do grant Snowflake a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive right and license to use, license, reproduce, modify, distribute, perform, display, and transmit Your Content for the purposes of providing the Site to you and other users.
10. Digital Millennium Copyright Act—Snowflake is committed to respecting and protecting the legal rights of copyright owners. As such, Snowflake adheres to the following notice and take down policy, in full compliance with Section 512(c)(3) of the DMCA (17 U.S.C. § 512 et seq.). If you believe any of the Materials infringes upon your intellectual property rights, please submit a notification alleging such infringement (hereafter a “DMCA Takedown Notice”). To be valid, a DMCA Takedown Notice must (i) be provided to Snowflake’ designated agent, (“Copyright Agent”), as set forth below, and (ii) include the following:
(1) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
(2) Identification of the material claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
(3) Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
(4) A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
(5) A statement that, under penalty of perjury, the information in the notification is accurate and you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Snowflake’s Copyright Agent to receive DMCA Takedown Notices is: firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Disclaimers—Without limiting the foregoing, the Site and the Materials and all other features offered via the Site, are provided to you “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, fitness for a particular purpose, title, or non-infringement. Should applicable law not permit the foregoing exclusion of express or implied warranties, then Snowflake hereby grants the minimum express or implied warranty required by such applicable law. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from Snowflake, its employees, agents, suppliers or any other persons shall create any warranty, representation or guarantee not expressly stated in this section. Additionally, Snowflake does not make any warranties that the Site will be uninterrupted, secure or error free or that your use of the Site will meet your expectations, or that the Site, Materials, or any portion thereof, is correct, accurate, or reliable. Snowflake reserves the right to change any part of the Site at anytime without notice.
14. Assignment—These Terms, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by Snowflake without restriction.
15. Changes to these Terms—From time to time, Snowflake may revise these Terms. When changes are made, Snowflake will make a new copy of the Terms available at the Site, and will also update the “Last Updated” date above. If Snowflake makes any material changes, and you have registered to create a Member Account with Snowflake, Snowflake will also send an email to you at the last email address you provided to us pursuant to the Terms. Any changes to the Terms will be effective immediately for new users of the Site and will be effective thirty (30) days after posting notice of such changes on the Site for existing users. Your use of the Site following the posting of any revised Terms shall be deemed acceptance of the revised policy. Snowflake strongly recommends checking Terms periodically. If you disagree with the provisions of these Terms at any time, your sole remedy is to terminate your use of the Site. Continued use of the Site constitutes your agreement to these Terms as in effect.
16. Miscellaneous—Snowflake’s failure to enforce any provision of these Terms shall not be deemed a waiver of such provision nor of the right to enforce such provision. If any part of these Terms is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law, including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of these Terms shall continue in effect. Any waiver or failure to enforce any provision of the Terms on one occasion will not be deemed a waiver of any other provision or of such provision on any other occasion. A printed version of these Terms and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to these Terms to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. These Terms are the final, complete and exclusive agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes and merges all prior discussions between the parties with respect to such subject matter.