Company Cited as a Strong Performer by Independent Research Firm
SAN MATEO, Calif. – Dec. 16, 2015 – Snowflake Computing, the cloud data warehousing company, concluded 2015 with tremendous growth, customer momentum and accelerating adoption of its cloud-based elastic data warehouse. Additionally, Snowflake has been named a Strong Performer in “The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Warehouse, Q4 2015” report by Forrester Research, Inc. Snowflake was among the select companies invited to participate in the independent report, which evaluated the 10 most significant Enterprise Data Warehouse software and service providers across 31 criteria. Forrester noted Snowflake for “offering a highly automated platform that makes loading, unloading, and administration simpler.”
The recognition tops off a momentous year of significant milestones and tremendous growth for Snowflake. Some of these achievements include a new round of funding to propel company growth and company expansion, general availability of its Snowflake Elastic Data Warehouse™, new executive hires to accelerate and support the company’s development, numerous industry accolades and rapid customer adoption.
The growing interest in cloud infrastructure and increasing need for a dramatically superior solution than current software services validates Snowflake’s market opportunity. This attention towards the cloud requires traditional IT to reexamine its data warehousing technology. Snowflake has zeroed in on this opportunity – developing a completely new elastic data warehouse specifically for the cloud that is low-cost and scalable, going beyond the limits of today’s traditional data warehouses and big data platforms.
2015 Corporate and Product Milestones
- Secured $45M in Series C Funding, led by new investor Altimeter Capital with participation of existing investors Redpoint Ventures, Sutter Hill Ventures and Wing Ventures.
- Announced general availability of the Snowflake Elastic Data Warehouse, the first data warehouse designed from the start for the cloud. The Snowflake Elastic Data Warehouse provides a unique architecture that delivers the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms and the elasticity of the cloud – at a fraction of the cost of other solutions.
- Received some of the industry’s premier accolades including Gartner Cool Vendor in DBMS for 2015, one of CRN’s Emerging Big Data Vendors, Gold Stevie Winner in the ‘New Product of the Year – Software’ category, first place finish in this year’s Strata + Hadoop World Startup Showcase for its Snowflake Elastic Warehouse and a Database Trends & Applications Trend Setting Product for 2016.
- Expanded executive team with the addition of Vice President of Product Management, Matt Glickman – former managing director at Goldman Sachs where he led the development of business-critical analytics platforms and was responsible for the entire data platform of Goldman’s $1 trillion asset management business.
- Announced new customers innovating with Snowflake including video gaming leader, KIXEYE, pioneer and leader of online shopping rewards, MyPoints, and SOASTA, a leader in performance analytics.
- Received ‘best places to work’ recognition from the San Francisco Business Times and San Jose Mercury News as a Bay Area best place to work, highlighting the unique and motivating culture Snowflake provides its employees.
- Moved to new corporate headquarters in San Mateo, Calif. to support the company’s growth and increase its ability to attract top talent from across the Bay Area.
“This past year was transformative for Snowflake and for customers who are struggling to find answers to their data challenges. Effective analysis of data is a business imperative but existing solutions are inadequate. Customers are demanding a different approach and Snowflake’s unique Elastic Data Warehouse is the only solution that can solve today’s complex data challenges using broadly available skills and at a reasonable cost.” said Bob Muglia, CEO of Snowflake. “Moving forward, we will continue to focus on the delivery of our turnkey service that can analyze petabytes of data using the tools people know and love at a fraction of the cost and complexity of other products. The era of Data Warehousing as a cloud service has arrived and Snowflake is making it happen.”
- Website: snowflake.net
- Twitter: twitter.com/SnowflakeDB
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/snowflake-computing
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/snowflakecomputing
- Google+: http://goo.gl/WQbQp2
- Snowflake is hiring: http://www.snowflake.net/about/careers
Snowflake Computing, the cloud data warehousing company, was founded in 2012 by a team of experts who hold over 120 patents in the fields of database architecture, data warehouses, query optimization and parallelization. Snowflake was created with the vision to reinvent the data warehouse, bringing together all users, all data and all workloads in a single repository. The company is backed by leading investors including Redpoint Ventures, Sutter Hill Ventures and Wing Ventures. Snowflake is headquartered in Silicon Valley and can be found online at www.snowflake.net.
Kulesa Faul for Snowflake Computing