Authored by: Joe Mathias, Nucleus Research
iovation, the leading provider of device-based consumer authentication and fraud prevention solutions, deployed Snowflake’s cloud data warehouse to accelerate their product development, improve analytic query efficiency and enhance their understanding of company data.
- Dealing with large amounts of data for analysis from its customers
- They needed a robust database that could handle routine analytics queries
Other solutions couldn’t meet their needs
- Oracle’s database and analytics platform proved too expensive to scale
- PostgreSQL proved to have limitations related to hardware
- HPE Vertica was also too costly to scale
Their search for a suitable solution finally led them to Snowflake.
Bottom Line with Snowflake:
Payback: 0.5 years
Average annual cost benefit: $299,074