Updated: November 5, 2017
This Policy explains how Snowflake Computing, Inc. and its group companies (“Snowflake”, “we”, “our” or “us”) collect, store, use and disclose information about you in the course of our business, including through our websites that link to this Policy (such as, www.snowflake.net) (the “Sites”), our data-warehousing service (the “Service”) and through other means such as our events, sales and marketing activities.
This Policy does not apply to the content that our customers and their end-users store on the Snowflake Service. We also make a self-service version of the Service available through the Sites or the AWS Marketplace (“Snowflake On Demand” or “Service”). The provisions of the customer’s agreement with Snowflake govern customer content uploaded to the Service (including Snowflake on Demand). For more information about our data use around our Service see the “Information when using the Service” Section below.
Information we collect from you
When using the Sites: We may collect your name, email address, postal address, phone number and other information you provide via the Sites when, for example, you submit inquiries, request more information about our services, complete surveys, provide feedback about our services, or register for sales, events or marketing activities.
Information we automatically collect
When using the Sites: We automatically collect certain information when you visit or use the Sites. This information does not necessarily reveal your identity but may include information about the specific device you are using, such as your computer’s operating system, web-browser version and Internet Protocol (IP) address. We also automatically collect and store information about your activities on our Sites, such as information about how you came to and used our Sites, device event information (like access times and browser type and language) and data collected through cookies and other similar technologies that uniquely identify your browser (see below).
- Web Beacons. We may collect information using Web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used via the Service or in our emails. We use Web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
- Local Shared Objects. We may use local shared objects, also known as Flash cookies, to store your preferences such as volume control or to display content based upon what you view on our Sites to personalize your visit. Third party partners provide certain features on our Sites and display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity using Flash cookies to collect and store information. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of, type of, and way in which data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser usually will not remove Flash cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for certain Flash cookies click here:http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html#117118
Information from third party sources
From time to time, we may obtain information about you from third party sources, such as public databases, resellers and distributors, joint marketing partners, social media platforms, as well as from other third parties. Examples of the information we may receive from other sources include: account information, page-view information and contact information from some business partners with which we operate co-branded events, services, marketing campaigns or joint offerings; search results and links, including paid listings (such as sponsored links); and credit history information from credit bureaus.
Information when using the Service
We automatically collect certain data relating to the performance and configuration of our Service and our customers’ and their end-users’ consumption and use of, and interaction with, the Service (“Usage Data”). Usage Data is generally technical information or data obtained from APIs, product software or systems hosting the products and services, devices accessing these products and services, solutions and/or log files generated during such use but may also include information such as IP addresses (which may in some jurisdictions be considered personal information). Such Usage Data is used for Snowflake to maintain and operate the Service and, separately, to analyze and improve the Service. Usage Data does not include any customer or end-user content stored in the Service.
Targeted Online Advertisements:
We use one or more third party service providers to serve ads on the Sites and/or other websites. These third parties may automatically collect and use certain information about your online activities, either on our Sites and/or other websites, such your IP address, your ISP, and the browser you are using. They do this using cookies, clear gifs and similar tracking technologies.
THIRD PARTY APPLICATIONS
USE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use personal information collected via the Sites and our Service for purposes described in this Policy, including using your information to:
- operate and improve our Sites, products, and services;
- understand you and your preferences to enhance and personalize your experience and enjoyment when using our Sites, products, and services;
- enhance security, monitor and verify identity or service access, combat spam or other malware or security risks;
- process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- respond to your comments or questions or provide information requested by you
- to provide customer service;
- provide and deliver products and services you request;
- to send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- to send you marketing and promotional communications (where this is in accordance with your marketing preferences);
- to communicate with you about one of our events or our partner events;
- link or combine it with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- process your information for other legitimate business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, collecting and assessing feedback, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our products, services, marketing and customer relationships.
Snowflake may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not share your personal information with third parties other than as follows:
- with your consent, for example, when you agree to our sharing your information with other third parties for their own marketing purposes subject to their separate privacy policies;
- with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who work for us and need access to your information to do that work. Examples include vendors and service providers who provide assistance with marketing, billing, processing credit card payments, data analysis, technical support and customer service. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent, or trade any of your personal information with third parties for their promotional purposes;
- with third party business partners, such as distributors, and/or referral partners, that are involved in providing services to our prospects and/or customers, to fulfill product and information requests and to provide customers and prospective customers with information about Snowflake and its products and services. From time to time, we may engage in joint sales or product promotions with select business partners. If you purchase or specifically express an interest in a jointly-offered product, promotion or services, we may share relevant personal information with those partner(s). Please be aware that we do not control our business partners’ use of such information. Our partners are responsible for managing their own use of the personal information collected in these circumstances. We recommend you review the privacy policies of the relevant partner to find out more about their handling of your personal information.
- in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, or dissolution, transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets to another company.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take all reasonable and appropriate steps to help protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
YOUR INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations. You may also send requests about your contact preferences and changes to your information including requests to opt-out of sharing your personal information with third parties by emailing email@example.com.
Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Service. To opt-out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our Site visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
California Users: Your California Privacy Rights.
In addition, California’s “Shine the Light” law, Civil Code section 1798.83, requires certain businesses to respond to requests from California customers asking about the businesses’ practices related to disclosing personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you wish to find out about any rights you may have under California Civil Code section 1798.83, you may notify us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the “Last Updated” date above.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com.