Last Updated: 10/21/2014
This Policy explains how your personal information is collected, used, and disclosed via the web site www.snowflake.net (the “Site”).
We collect information about you in various ways when you use the Site. We collect personal information you provide to us. For example, we collect your name, email address, postal address, phone number and other information you provide via the Site when you submit inquiries or request more information about our data warehouse service (the “Service”).
When you visit our Site, some information is automatically collected. For example, when you visit our Site your computer’s operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, and the website you visited before our site are logged automatically. We also collect information about your usage and activity of the Site.
- Web Beacons. We may collect information using Web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used via the Service or in our emails. We use Web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
- Local Shared Objects. We may use local shared objects, also known as Flash cookies, to store your preferences such as volume control or to display content based upon what you view on our Site to personalize your visit. Third party partners provide certain features on our Site and display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity using Flash cookies to collect and store information. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of, type of, and way in which data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser usually will not remove Flash cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for certain Flash cookies click here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html#117118
Third Party Advertisements
THIRD PARTY APPLICATIONS
USE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use personal information collected via the Site for purposes described in this Policy. For example, we may use your information to:
- operate and improve our Site, products, and services;
- understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our Site, products, and services;
- process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- provide and deliver products and services you request;
to send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- link or combine it with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
Snowflake may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not share your personal information with third parties other than as follows:
- with your consent, for example, when you agree to our sharing your information with other third parties for their own marketing purposes subject to their separate privacy policies;
- with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who work for us and need access to your information to do that work;
- in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, or dissolution, transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets to another company.
We may also share aggregated or deidentified information.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take reasonable steps to help protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
YOUR INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations. You may also send requests about your contact preferences and changes to your information including requests to opt-out of sharing your personal information with third parties by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Service. To opt-out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our Site visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
California Users: Your California Privacy Rights.
In addition, California’s “Shine the Light” law, Civil Code section 1798.83, requires certain businesses to respond to requests from California customers asking about the businesses’ practices related to disclosing personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you wish to find out about any rights you may have under California Civil Code section 1798.83, you may notify us in writing at email@example.com.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the “Last Updated” date above.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.